Informative speeches are coming quickly! Here are some reminders for Monday’s class.
- Bring 4 copies of the peer evaluation form for YOU to fill out and give a completed form to the speaker you evaluated (the speaker will return these to me before leaving class).
- Dress professionally
- Give me a copy of both of your outlines as well as your PowerPoint (if you use one)
Please view the instructional videos and sample here: http://comm101.jaimiehoffman.com/outlines-how-to/
- Submit a Delivery & Preparation Outline to Jaimie BEFORE your speech (you also probably want to bring a copy of your delivery outline for you).
- Your outline must include:
- General purpose
- Specific purpose
- Organizational pattern of the speech (e.g. topical, spatial, etc.)
- List Introduction, Body and Conclusion as three separate sections
- Restart roman numerals with each section (listed above)
- Reference transitions (typically with [brackets]
- Included citations in outline
- Wrote in full sentences (preparatory outline)
- Use correct APA formatted reference list
DO NOT READ YOUR SPEECH WORD FOR WORD; THIS WILL RESULT IN A LOSS OF 30 POINTS