Between Wednesday, November 19 and Wednesday, November 26, we will have our Impromptu Speech online module or, “Mock Interview”. This module will consist of you completing two “mock interview” questions using an online software platform provided by Career Development Services.
- You will have some time to prepare and answer each question but responses must be 1-2 minutes.
- During your preparation time be sure to write down your three key points and an introduction and conclusion
- Be sure to have an introduction and conclusion (brief) — at minimum “tell them what you’re going to tell them, tell them, and tell them what you told them.”
- Speak confidently
- 20 points is allocated for EACH answer; I HIGHLY recommending preparing and rehearse your responses to a variety of typical interview questions so that you preform at your best for the Mock Interview. The following website contains a list of 50 interview questions for you to reference: http://jobsearch.about.com/od/interviewquestionsanswers/a/top-50-job-interview-questions.htm
- The actual Mock Interview that you are completing for credit will not be available AFTER 8:00 p.m. on Wednesday, November 26 so be sure to complete it before that time (no exceptions will be made).
- You have been assigned to one of three groups so that you do not answer the same questions; your group assignment is noted on the instructions below (at the bottom of page 2) and correlate with the question you should answer.
- I invite each of you to complete the trial run in order to ensure you are able to effectively navigate the system and have no technical issues.
- It is YOUR responsibility to use this opportunity to test technology and make sure you are comfortable with the platform. Failure to submit a Mock Interview response due to technology or access issues will result in a 0 for students who do not complete the Trial Run.
- You need to contact the IT Helpdesk (Information Technology) (805) 437-8552) during their open business hours. Career Development Services nor your professor can help you with technical issues, you must use IT Services. The Help Desk is located in Broome Library 1340 and is staffed during the following hours:
- Monday through Thursday: 8:00 am to 8:00 pm
- Friday: 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Saturday and Sunday: closed
NOTE: The Helpdesk closes at 8:00 p.m. therefore you must seek their assistance before the assignment due date.
Finally, be sure to submit my email address email@example.com in the “request feedback” button as noted in steps 10 & 11.